Sunday, April 10, 2011

jesus + blind men

today there was a blind guy in front of me when we were taking communion at our church you break off a piece of the bread, dip it in the wine then eat it and sit down.
i was studying the faces of the man and woman who were holding each item in their hands as they marveled at this- such an amazing thing. such faithfulness, such a beautiful thing, i have never seen a blind man take communion before, i know that is so weird but it was just like... his mother (i think) or maybe it was just a guide he had, lead him up to the front of the church, and had to lead his hand so that he could break the bread and drink the wine. she guided him so that he could find it, so that he could find jesus' broken body that was broken for him, and so that he could reach past that brokenness, take it and have it be purified in Jesus' blood that was shed for him. that's the kind of faithfulness that i want.. to know that the holy spirit really does guide me home to that brokenness and purity that was given freely so that i could be saved, so that i can receive the love i could never earn, freely by grace and not of my own cleverness or wisdom of how to access it. life is an unfamiliar place for me, and i am blind to my surroundings. life without jesus as my guide is like being a blind man, walking through that unfamiliar space, alone and confused, aimless..... but jesus guides me to himself, heals me, opens my eyes and lets me see. why, after that would i continue to keep my eyes shut? i am healed, i can see, God's house is familiar and he walks with me in his courts and teaches me his ways and lights the path for my feet to walk by so that i don't stumble.

praise you, thank you.


all of the passages that record when jesus healed the blind and the lepers, i love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment