Friday, October 22, 2010

Your Love is Strong

Philippians 4:11-13
11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


this is so true to me today and as of late. this is so important. also, listening to "your love is strong" which is directly inspired by the Lord's prayer in Matthew 6- reading comments on songmeanings.com, there are comments like,
"I especially love this because so many Christians get desensitized to the Lord's Prayer - it becomes routine. This song is a reminder that it is anything but routine. "
"Love this song. His adaptations of Bible passages are breathtaking. This is music as it was meant to be written. "

there is nothing else more worth writing about than this. Your love is strong, your love is so, so strong.
i've been thinking a lot about the part of the Lord's prayer that says, give me this day my daily bread- we take the food that is on our plate for granted- every day we expect it to be there, we count on it being there. but even the simplest thing is an amazing act of grace from God that we absolutely did nothing to deserve. we are really so small, and we have the curse of thinking that we NEED so much- but when he says:

"I look out the window the birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune or out of place
I walk to the meadow and stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl on her wedding day

So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
He knows what I need."

listen to this peace, this beautiful peace that is available to us because of Christ reconciling us to being children of God- God knows what we need. we don't have to freak out and believe that the world is crashing down on us. We make it so difficult for ourselves believing that we need so, so much. God KNOWS what we need, and he WILL provide. we have so little faith. The God of the universe loves us SO much that he would give his only son to die in our place- i think that he would be care enough to provide for us the very essentials of every day. living your life day to day in faith that things will be taken care of no matter what, even if our own understanding tells us we are poor when we are so, so rich- that is completely contrary to this world. and it is beautiful, freeing, healing, absolutely amazing. whoever reads this- call out to him. You've seen the miracles, you've walked on water with him before- but when the wind blows, you begin to sink in doubt- just cry to him, Lord SAVE me! and immediately Jesus will embrace you. he will not let you go under, he will not let you drown, be crushed, be forsaken. (Matthew 14: 29-31)

Matthew 6: 25-34

25“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his lifeb?

28“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

the past few days God has really been so faithful to my prayers- i have been freaking out because i have been so lost, confused, angry, frustrated. but God knows what i need. He knows what I need. His love is strong, his grace is so, so sufficient. i feel it in my heart, in my bones that if i completely surrender my will to his own, my pride, my desires- he will transform my heart into one that will not only be content, but joyous, rejoicing in his plan for me. Art is an amazing thing- a tool of communication that transcends language itself. I have realized i'm not even half the artist i thought i was. i have been stripped of my pride. i am starting from zero. thankfully he has blessed my heart with a new song that rejoices in my weakness because he will be glorified all the more when he breaks me and builds me back up into exactly what he wants me to be which i know will be absolutely awe inspiring. i have no idea what the future holds for me anymore. i just have to surrender to the Christ's spirit in me- to let my heart be molded day by day into love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22) He knows what I need, and he will eternally, faithfully provide.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.


listen to this, be still, and pray that God will bless you with this beautiful peace that transcends all that we believe to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment